headerimg

ol of teams and drivers.On Tuesday, fello

in Alles aus Mittelerde 04.03.2019 01:10
von lebaobei123 • 300 Beiträge

ROME -- Juventus clinched its third straight and 30th overall Serie A title Sunday without even playing. With second-place Roma losing 4-1 at Catania, Juventus eight-point lead became insurmountable because Roma only has two matches remaining. Juventus, which has three games to play, can celebrate when it hosts Atalanta on Monday although the Turin squads players and coach Antonio Conte were already seen celebrating at their team hotel wearing championship T-shirts. "Its much more satisfying when you win on the pitch. But its still very gratifying," Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon said. Also, AC Milan got a 65th-minute goal from Netherlands midfielder Nigel de Jong to beat Inter Milan 1-0 in the city derby and stay in the hunt for a Europa League spot. Inter remained fifth while Milan moved level with Parma in seventh. The fourth, fifth and sixth-place finishers will qualify for the Europa League. Milan and Parma are one point behind Torino, which won 1-0 at Chievo Verona with an own goal from Gennaro Sardo in the 54th. The title was a bit of a consolation for Juventus after it was eliminated from the Europa League semifinals by Benfica on Thursday -- missing out on the final in its home stadium. "I was sleeping, resting up for tomorrows match," said striker Carlos Tevez, who leads Juve with 19 goals in 31 matches, on Sky TV. "But my teammates woke me up and there was a lot of excitement. Although I was hoping to celebrate the title before our fans tomorrow." In Sicily, Mariano Izco scored for Catania in the 26th and 34th minutes. Gonzalo Bergessio also netted for the hosts in the 55th after Roma captain Francesco Totti pulled one back in the 37th. Then Pablo Barrientos added another for Catania in the 79th. The loss ended Romas nine-match winning streak, and the Giallorossi put up little resistance against a Catania side fighting to avoid relegation. Roma, which had already clinched second place and the last direct Champions League berth, was hoping to keep the title race open until next weekend when it hosts Juve. However, Roma coach Rudi Garcia said Saturday the title race was over and complimented Juve on its near-perfect season. "We did everything wrong today," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "The only thing I didnt get wrong was when I said yesterday that the season was over. Although I wasnt expecting a match like this. ... Ill expect a response next Sunday." Juventus has won all 17 of its home matches and lost only two away games. Both Tevez, who signed from Manchester City, and striker partner Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao) -- who has 15 goals -- joined Juventus before the start of this season and were key players in the title run. Juves defence featuring Italy stalwarts like Buffon in goal and defenders Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci was just as solid. And midfield maestro Andrea Pirlo is still performing near his best at 34. There was controversy two years ago when Juventus celebrated what it claimed was its 30th title, although it actually only had 28 championships then since two were revoked following a 2006 match-fixing scandal. Its the first time Juventus has won three straight since taking five consecutive titles from 1931-5. In Milan, the Rossoneri dominated the first half but had nothing but a shot off the crossbar from Kaka to show for it. Midway through the second half, though, De Jong rose to meet a pinpoint cross from Mario Balotelli with a perfect header for the decider. It was De Jongs first goal in all competitions this season. Elsewhere Sunday, it was: Genoa 0, Bologna 0; Parma 2, Sampdoria 0; and Udinese 5, Livorno 3. Puma Basket Baratas .ca NHL Power Rankings, ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks. Moving up, from 10 to seven this week, the Pittsburgh Penguins have won seven straight despite a depleted lineup. Zapatillas Puma Baratas . When the Dallas Mavericks needed to stop a Golden State rally in the fourth quarter, they looked for defensive help from the rookie point guard playing in just his sixth game. http://www.pumabaratas.es/.J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. Zapatillas Puma Baratas España .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Puma Baratas España . Catch all the action on TSN2 and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. San Antonio took the series lead Monday night with a 122-105 home victory in Game 1. The Spurs used a balanced scoring attack and clamped down defensively late in the third quarter to claim the win.SAO PAULO - The IndyCar Series opener scheduled for March in Brazils capital was cancelled on Thursday.The television network promoting the event released a brief statement saying the decision was made unilaterally by the local government in Brasilia.Band TV did not provide any additional details, calling it a hasty decision by the government.Brasilia officials did not immediately announce their reasons for the cancellation, but local media said the government determined that the event did not make sense financially. Local prosecutors and government watchdog groups had already warned about the financial challenges of the contract that had been signed by the previous administration.Band will inform in the next few days how those who have bought tickets will be reimbursed. The network laments this hasty decision, the statement said.IndyCar said two-thirds of the tickets and all hospitality packages for the March 8 race at the Nelson Piquet Autodromo had already been sold. A deal with a title sponsor had been announced on Wednesday.After what it called an unexpected decision, IndyCar officials said they had every indication that the race was already a success.This comes as a great disappointment, IndyCar said in a statement sent to The Associated Press. We will have further comment when we have had the opportunity to talk with all of our partners and the authorities in Brazil.The series said it was waiting for formal confirmation from our partners in Brazil regarding the cancellation.Economically IndyCar is protected and the paddock is protected from such action, IndyCar said.The government agency organizing the event iin Brasilia could not be immediately reached for comment.ddddddddddddhree-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves said he was caught by surprise by the announcement.To my knowledge, everything was OK, the Brazilian said in a statement. Its a shame that the race has been cancelled. I hope that a solution to this problem can be found in the future. Im sorry for the fans, but things like these are beyond the control of teams and drivers.On Tuesday, fellow driver Tony Kanaan said he had high expectations for his home race.To me, it means a lot, the 2013 Indy 500 champion said. All my friends are there, its a dream come true again.Band was the Brazilian organizer and promoter of the race in Sao Paulo from 2010-2013. The network was not able to secure the event in 2014 because of financial problems, but it reached a partnership with the government in Brasilia to secure the series return this year.The now-defunct CART series was in Brazil from 1996-2000, with a race on an oval track in Rio de Janeiro. The race in Sao Paulo was held on a street course, and the one in Brasilia was going to take place on a permanent circuit. Work at the track was almost finalized, according to organizers.The contract for the race in Brasilia was to run until 2019.Motorsport is popular in Brazil, and IndyCar and Formula One attract good crowds. The F1 race takes place at the Interlagos track in Sao Paulo.Brasilia also was scheduled to host a MotoGP race in 2015 but the event was cancelled.___AP Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer in North Carolina contributed to this report.___Follow Tales Azzoni at http://twitter.com/tazzoni ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lucy1180
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 514 Themen und 651 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen