headerimg

st Russia on April 22, as well a

in Alles aus Mittelerde 25.03.2019 01:04
von lebaobei123 • 300 Beiträge

Kevin Dineen has been named head coach of Canadas National Mens Under-18 Team for the 2014 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship. Trevor Letowski and Gord Murphy will work with Dineen as assistant coaches. "Representing Canada at any level is a great honour and a tremendous challenge," said Dineen. "I am excited to work with Trevor and Gord, and assemble a team that will make Canada proud at the world championship." Dineen was most recently head coach of Canadas National Womens Team, winning a gold medal at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. Prior to working with Team Canada, he was head coach of the NHLs Florida Panthers for parts of three seasons (2011-13), winning the franchises first-ever Southeast Division title in 2011-12. Dineen was also head coach of the AHLs Portland Pirates for six seasons (2005-11), winning the AHLs coach of the year award in 2005-06. As a player, Dineen represented Canada on six occasions, winning silver medals at the IIHF World Championship in both 1985 and 1989, and winning the Canada Cup in 1987. He also represented Canada at the world championship in 1987 and 1993, and at the 1984 Olympic Winter Games. He played 19 NHL seasons from 1984-2003 with Hartford, Philadelphia, Carolina, Ottawa and Columbus. Letowski will serve on a Team Canada coaching staff for the first time. He has spent the past four seasons on the coaching staff of the OHLs Sarnia Sting, spending three seasons as an assistant coach (2010-13) before taking over as head coach prior to the 2013-14 season. Murphy will also serve on a Team Canada coaching staff for the first time. He served as an assistant coach with the NHLs Florida Panthers for parts of three seasons (2010-13) after spending eight years (2002-10) in the same role with the NHLs Columbus Blue Jackets. Canada is a three-time gold medallist at the IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship, winning in 2003, 2008 and 2013. The 2014 IIHF Hockey U18 World Championship opens for Canada on April 17 when it faces Sweden in Lappeenranta and Imatra, Finland. Canada will also face Germany, Slovakia and Russia in the preliminary round. TSN will broadcast Canadas final preliminary round game against Russia on April 22, as well as both semifinals on April 26 and both medal games on April 27. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . Crawford hit his slam off Pirates starter Edinson Volquez to give San Francisco a four run lead in the fourth and they never looked back. Brandon Belt had three runs batted in as well. Bumgarner pitched all nine innings and allowed just four hits. Cheap Dave Concepcion Jersey . -- Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf has been suspended two games for his hit from behind on Kevan Miller of the Bruins. http://www.cheapredsjerseys.com/?tag=che...e-foster-jersey. Rodriguez, who has steadfastly denied using banned substances while with the New York Yankees, made the decision nearly four weeks after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz largely upheld the discipline issued last summer by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig. "I think its a good move for him," former Commissioner Fay Vincent said. Cheap Reggie Sanders Jersey .C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U. Cheap Tom Seaver Jersey . A 19-game winner with the New York Yankees in both 2006 and 2007, Wang spent most of this year at Triple-A for the Yankees and Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 7.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Struggling Billy Butler found himself in a strange place, on the bench and out of the Kansas City Royals starting lineup. But Butler was needed late on Friday night and he delivered a pinch two-run homer with two outs in the eighth inning to send the Royals over the Cleveland Indians 6-4 for their fourth straight win. Carlos Santana homered twice for the Indians, who have lost five of six. Butler connected against John Axford, sending a drive over the Royals bullpen in left field. Butler was hitting just .200 in his previous 20 games with three extra-base hits and two RBIs. "As of late, the production definitely is not there," said Butler, who entered this season with a career .298 average. "Over my career, its there, but this game is about what youve done for me lately. If he (manager Ned Yost) thinks a guy matching up differently is better for the team, thats what hes got to do. Hes got a job to do putting the lineup out there. "Its just my job to prove I belong in there. Ive been in the league a long time. If you give up and get put in a situation like that, you dont compete. Im not going to give up." The Royals won a game of matchup moves. After Salvador Perez singled with one out in the eighth off Carlos Carrasco (3-4), Nick Hagadone entered and got the second out. Butler batted for Raul Ibanez and homered on Axfords second pitch. "It does give you a shot of confidence," Butler said. "Ive got a lot of confidence with a bat in my hand anyway. It definitely helps. Hopefully, I build off that." Axford gave up the winning hit to Nori Aoki in the 14th inning in a 2-1 loss on Thursday. "Its obviously tough after the last two nights," Axford said. "It was just a bad pitch. I let it stay out over the plate. It was supposed to be away and it ended up in the seats." Earlier in the game, the 42-year-old Ibanez drove in a run -- beccoming the oldest Royals player to hit a triple.dddddddddddd Ibanez scored on the play when second baseman Jason Kipnis made a wild relay throw. Kelvin Herrera (2-2) pitched a scoreless eighth, and Aaron Crow worked around a leadoff double in the ninth to earn his second save in four chances. Royals closer Greg Holland, who had pitched in the three previous games, was unavailable. Perez, who had three hits, and Mike Moustakas had back-to-back home runs to open the second. It was the second time this season Perez and Moustakas hit consecutive homers, having also done it April 23 at Cleveland. "We like hitting in the hot air," Perez said. Royals rookie Yordano Ventura, tagged for six runs and nine hits in 4 1/3 innings in his previous start at Boston, left after 6 1/3 innings. He gave up three earned runs and struck out seven. Santana hit a solo homer in the fourth and a two-run shot in the sixth. "The first home run to Santana, Ace threw a pretty good pitch, a sinker down and away," Perez said. "The second one was in the middle in and up." Indians right-hander Josh Tomlin, who was 1-5 in his previous seven starts, was pulled after 5 1/3 innings. "I thought when he made mistakes with his fastball they made him pay," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "But he always competes every time and keeps you in the game." NOTES: RHP Jeremy Guthrie, a first-round pick of the Indians in the 2002 draft, will start Saturday against Cleveland. RHP Zack McAllister will start for the Indians. ... Cleveland RHP Justin Masterson, a 2013 All-Star who is on the disabled list with right knee inflammation, made his second rehab start Friday with Triple-A Columbus. He allowed five runs, four hits and six walks in 6 2/3 innings against Norfolk. . Butlers shot was the 75th pinch-homer in franchise history and the first since Justin Maxwell on Aug. 3, 2013. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lucy1180
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 514 Themen und 651 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen