headerimg

at a change on Monday, then Glenn

in Alles aus Mittelerde 25.03.2019 01:03
von lebaobei123 • 300 Beiträge

TAMPA, Fla. - Hoping to spark one of the NFLs least productive offences, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are turning back to Josh McCown at quarterback.The 12th-year pro started the first three games of the season, but has missed the past five after injuring the thumb on his throwing hand.McCowns return Sunday against Atlanta comes with the Bucs (1-7) riding a four-game losing streak. He was hurt during the opening half of a 56-14 to the Falcons on Sept. 18.Coach Lovie Smith hinted at a change on Monday, then Glennon confirmed the change on his radio show. The Bucs are ranked 31st in total offence and are 26th in scoring.The 35-year-old McCown has been a backup for most of a career that includes stints with Arizona, Detroit, Oakland, Carolina and Chicago, where he played for Smith, then coach of the Bears. He signed a two-year, $10 million contract with Tampa Bay in free agency and was immediately named the starter.Smith declined Wednesday to answer hypotheticals about whether Glennons play or McCown health was the main reason for the switch. McCown returned to practice last month and was active, but did not play, the past two weeks while Glennon struggled during losses to Minnesota and Cleveland.Josh was the starter before he got hurt. Hes healthy and hes back in, the coach said before later conceding the Bucs need more than theyve been getting from their quarterbacks.I think its the same with every position. You look at the production, and what were getting at the time, Smith said. I think we need better play at the quarterback position. You start with that. ... We need a little boost. Its like that with all positions. If the play isnt what we think it should be, were going to look and see if theres another option we can look at.While hes excited about having a second chance to lead the offence, McCown said he has mixed feelings about replacing Glennon, who played his way back to the bench after beating Pittsburgh and performing well in an overtime loss to New Orleans in his first two starts.As a competitor, you want to play, McCown said, adding that he still believes Glennon, who started 13 games as a rookie in 2013, has a promising future.From that regard you have mixed emotions, McCown added. But at the same time, as a captain on the team, and a player whos on a 1-7 team, you want to do everything you can to help the team win.McCown has thrown for two touchdowns and been intercepted four times this year after raising his stock a year ago, when he threw for 13 TDs and was only intercepted once in eight games while filling in for an injured Jay Cutler in Chicago.He said he wishes the team had been able to win more games under Glennon. At the same time, he acknowledged its good to have another shot at proving Smith made a good decision by signing him last winter.That certainly would be a bad taste in my mouth. But I think at this point, its about helping the guys come together and find a way to win a ball game. Thats what matters, McCown said.Glennon, whos thrown for 1,417 yards, 10 TDs and six interceptions, said hes taking the decision in stride.Obviously, it was disappointing, not what I liked. But Im going to keep preparing the same way as I always have. .. Whatever I can do to help the team, Im going to continue to do that, the second-year pro said.You wish you could have some throws back. But every quarterback in the NFL wishes he could have some throws back, Glennon added. Im not going to let it bother my confidence. I know what Im capable of doing.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Wholesale Sneakers Free Shipping . Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. Cheap Sneakers Online Ireland . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.wholesalesneakersireland.com/.com) - It may just be the right place and the right opponent for the Detroit Red Wings to snap their longest losing streak of the season. Wholesale Shoes Ireland . -- Jonathan Diaz is easy to spot in the Blue Jays clubhouse. Wholesale Sneakers Ireland . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club.NEW YORK -- D.C. United midfielder Lewis Neal has been suspended for a game by Major League Soccer for dangerous play against the Revolutions Andrew Farrell. Neal slid into Farrell spikes-first in the fourth minute of Uniteds 2-0 win against New England on April 5, sending the defender to the grounnd.ddddddddddddHe received a yellow card. Neal was also fined and will miss Saturdays game against New York Red Bulls. Revolution coach Jay Heaps, who was sent off in the 89th minute after disputing a referees call, was fined and will miss Saturdays game against the Houston Dynamo. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: ‪Hala Ahmed‬‏
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 710 Themen und 848 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
games4um

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen