headerimg

right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta on

in Alles aus Mittelerde 19.03.2019 03:30
von lebaobei123 • 300 Beiträge

SANDY, Utah -- A feral second-half attack led to an improbable comeback for the Vancouver Whitecaps. The Whitecaps scored two goals in the final eight minutes to steal a 2-2 tie at Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. Nicolas Mezquidas first career goal in the 86th minute cut the deficit in half and set the stage for fellow Uruguaian Sebastian Fernandez, who scored in the fourth minute of stoppage time to stun the home crowd and earn the result. Real Salt Lake (3-0-5), the leagues remaining unbeaten team, jumped ahead 2-0 in the games first nine minutes on goals by Joao Plata and Alvaro Saborio. But the Whitecaps (2-2-4) again showed some second-half magic. "Its a get out of jail card, I believe," Vancouver coach Carl Robinson said. "We were 2-0 down and dug ourselves a hole, but we learned from that. Weve shown if we go behind, the games not over." Fernandezs shot from about 40 yards out beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando in the lower right corner of the net. It was a dramatic capper to an unlikely turn of events that began moments earlier when Saborio held possession. The Salt Lake forward dribbled in space near midfield, in what appeared to be the start to an offensive rush that would, if nothing else, run out the games final seconds. But Vancouver defender Steven Beitashour tackled the ball away and to the foot of Fernandez, who scored his second goal of the season. "I got the ball and knew it was going to be one of the last plays of the game," Fernandez said through an interpreter. "I got it, hit it, and it went in." Said Beitashour: "I was on the floor when I saw Seba take it, and hes got a rocket. I think everyone behind him was yelling Shoot! Shoot! I had a good angle from the floor, and that ball moved on (Rimando)." Vancouver, which earned a point for the first time in four games, was stunned by the early deficit and "played fearful" in the first half, according to Robinson. After the break, the Whitecaps sent wave after wave at Rimando, and looked to be a different squad. Robinson went to his bench to provide a spark, sending Fernandez and Mezquida each in shortly after halftime. Vancouvers challenge now comes in finding consistency throughout a full 90 minutes -- a task Robinson acknowledged after the game. "Its a challenge when youve got a group of young players, which is what I have," Robinson said. "They played with fear in the first half. I dont want them to play with fear. I put demands on players because I know how good they can be, but theyve got to start believing. Were touching the surface at the moment." Cheap New Balance Shoes Uk . Bell Medias 12-year partnership with the Ottawa Senators includes five major components: - English-language regional television broadcast rights for TSN – a minimum of 52 regular season and pre-season games - French-language regional television broadcast rights for RDS – a minimum of 40 regular season and pre-season games - English-language broadcast rights for TSN Radio 1200 – all games - French-language radio broadcast rights – all games - Telecommunications and retail sponsorship and activation rights "We recognized early on that our regional broadcast rights coming up for renewal was a very important asset," said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. New Balance Clearance Uk . -- Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will be sidelined for at least two weeks because of a strained calf muscle, and pitcher C. http://www.newbalanceclearanceuk.com/. LOUIS -- The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta on the 15-day disabled list with an undisclosed illness. New Balance Clearance Sale Uk . Its other five picks were all six foot or better, with three at 6-1 or above. Third-round pick Brett Lernout stands six foot four and weighs 206 pounds. New Balance Shoes Uk Sale . Interestingly, the culprits were not rookies, but well paid, experienced pros. The first gaffe came in the 24th minute of arguably the biggest early season MLS game in history between Seattle and Toronto. Sounder newcomer Marco Pappa, (with over 100 MLS games, and 39 Guatemalan Caps to his name) attempted a back pass to one of his central defenders. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Michael Bradley has a special place in his heart for Columbus Crew Stadium and now his Toronto FC teammates do as well. Bradleys goal in the 11th minute was enough for TFC to end the Crews unbeaten run with a 2-0 victory on Saturday. Bradley scored from a tough angle, beating goalkeeper Steve Clark at the near post with a shot taken two yards from the end line. Substitute Issey Nakajima-Farran added a goal in the 85th minute off a cross by Justin Morrow. Crew Stadium is where Bradley scored twice for the U.S. national team in a 2-0 victory against Mexico in a World Cup qualifier on Feb. 11, 2011. "Ive been fortunate to get a few goals here," he said. "Great stadium and the atmospheres always good. So far my records not bad here." Bradley played 90 minutes and had a goal and an assist vs. Mexico in 2-2 friendly on Wednesday but showed few effects against Columbus although he was replaced by Jeremy Hall in the 73rd minute. "The idea is to always go 90," Bradley said. "Physically I started to feel it a bit. The important thing now is to recover and get ready for the weekend." TFC coach Ryan Nelsen says he was not surprised by Bradleys effort. "Thats Michael," he said. "He has this willingness to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Its instinctive." On the goal, Bradley ran onto an entry pass from Mark Bloom on the right side of the box, outpacing Crew midfielder Bernardo Anor. Bradley then startled Clark with a shot that went five-hole. "At first I was just thinking of getting there before the ball gets out of bounds," Bradley said. "At that point youre looking across. Given the field and the way the goalie is positioned, if I can really nnail this ball low and hard its got a good chance.dddddddddddd" The goal was his second in MLS and first with TFC (3-1-0) in his fourth game after returning from Europe. His previous league goal was Oct. 16, 2005, with the New York MetroStars. TFC was minus several starters, most notably forward Jermain Defoe. He had scored all three of Torontos goals this season before suffering a hamstring injury in the last match against Real Salt Lake in a 3-0 loss. Also, defender and captain Steven Caldwell was suspended for the match, midfielder Jonathan Osorio was out because of a hamstring problem and defender Doneil Henry sat due to a knee injury. TFC did get midfielder Jackson back from suspension and rookie Nick Hagglund, raised two hours south of Columbus in Cincinnati, made his first appearance, starting in the central defence with Bradley Orr. "He was fantastic," Nelsen said of Hagglund. "I thought the centre backs, Nick and Brad, were incredible. Youd never know thats those guys first games at centre back in an MLS game." Hagglund had about 50 family members and friends on hand and said the game was almost perfect. "I could have scored a couple of goals," he joked. "No, absolutely it was an incredible experience to play in Columbus on this pitch with these guys and get the shutout." TFC goalkeeper Julio Cesar had critical stops on Bernardo Anor and Tony Tchani in the second half when it was 1-0 to preserve the lead against the Crew (3-1-0) before a crowd of 12,045. "I attribute this loss to two things, a bad start to the game and to a very well organized Toronto FC," Crew coach Gregg Berhalter said. Toronto returns to BMO Field April 12 to host the Colorado Rapids. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lucy1180
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 514 Themen und 651 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen